The NAMI Family-to-Family Education Program
A free, 12 week course for family caregivers of individuals with mental illness. The next Family to Family program will begin on Tuesday, April 3, 2018, at 6:30 PM and be held at the Epiphany Lutheran Church, 1100 Colonial Road, Harrisburg, PA. Please contact Marge Chapman firstname.lastname@example.org (717.233.1164) if you have any questions.
Why is Family-to-Family unique?
The course provides insights into, and resolution of, the profound concerns experienced by families, close relatives and friends as they strive to cope with the realities of serious mental illness.
Caregiviers not only only learn a wide range of information about serious mental illness they also learn to understand how living with these conditions affects their loved one.
• Meets weekly for 12 weeks
• Is offered free of charge
• Is taught by trained NAMI family members who have relatives with mental illness
• Follows a structured format covering issues frequently faced by families dealing with mental illness
The course teaches the knowledge and skills that family members need to cope more effectively.
• Attend with other family members just like you in a confidential setting.
• Gain insight into how mental illness affects your relative.
• Take an eye-opening look inside some of today's current brain research related to mental illness.
• Learn how families can become advocates for better treatment for their relatives.
• Learn about the medication issues involved in mental illness and the latest treatment options.
• Learn to cope with worry and stress; learn to focus on care for you as well as your loved ones.